Zoom Court Appearances
A Defendant sued for money damages in a Small Claims (SC) case (Small Claims not in excess of $10,000) or in a Law Claim (LM) case (Law claim not in excess of $50,000) may appear in person or remotely by zoom by entering Courtroom 210 on the date specified in the summons WITHOUT prior authorization from the Court. A remote appearance by telephone only must be arranged in advance by contacting the Circuit Clerk’s Office at 815-872-2001 x563.
A Defendant in a Mortgage Foreclosure (CH) case may appear in person or remotely by zoom or telephone for any court date in the case by requesting a remote appearance in advance by contacting the Circuit Clerk’s Office at 815-872-2001 x563.
Appearances in ALL OTHER CASES must be in person unless a remote appearance is approved by the Court in advance.
Below is a list of courtrooms for remote access. Find the correct courtroom for your hearing and click on the link. If you are unsure which courtroom please contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office 815-872-2001.
Keep in mind, there may be multiple cases set at the same time as yours. Make sure your ID has your complete legal name listed. If you appear with an ID name other than your name, you will be sent to the bottom of the list.
Zoom Court Appearance Instructions
- If you already have a zoom account, or the zoom app on your phone, go directly to the link above to join the courtroom.
- If you do not have a zoom account, you can download the free zoom app to your cell phone by visiting the app store and search for zoom or go to www.zoom.us on a computer. Click the SIGN UP, ITS FREE button and follow the instructions to sign up for a new zoom account.
- Once zoom opens, select the JOIN button on your cell phone, or the JOIN A MEETING link on your computer. Be sure the zoom screen name being displayed is your legal name so you are recognized by the court.
- The program should now show your face and you must select JOIN WITH AUDIO. You may also need to select JOIN WITH COMPUTER AUDIO, or if you are using a cell phone select CALL USING INTERNET AUDIO.
- Once the court starts the “meeting” participants will initially be placed in a virtual “waiting room” pending admittance into the courtroom by the Court.
- Be sure your screen name being displayed in the “waiting room” is your legal name.
- Once admitted to the courtroom, your audio will be muted until the Judge calls your case. When your case is called, your audio will be unmuted by the court.
Remote Court Appearance Tips
- You should take time prior to the call to become familiar with the zoom program and test your device’s microphone and speaker controls.
- Dress appropriately, as if you were coming in person to the Courthouse.
- Make sure you are in a quiet location.
- Make sure your background is court appropriate.
*The Circuit Clerk Record Search is intended to be a summary of information for the public. It does not take the place of legal information held in the actual Court file. The Bureau County Circuit Clerk accepts no liability for discrepancies between the electronic version and the official printed document.
Bureau Co. Circuit Clerk's Office
Bureau County Court House
700 S. Main St
Princeton, IL 61356
Mon: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Tue: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Wed: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Hours to process passport applications are 8:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday as it takes 15 to 20 minutes to process a passport application.